From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:00:49 -0500
I have been so tied up lately, I am over a week behind in reading FML but
am saving them and will do so as I don't want to miss anything.

This is just a note to let you know it has been 2 1/2 weeks and no Ammonia.
You would not believe how paranoid this has made me everytime I can't find
someone for a little while even though I found the point of exit was behind
the dryer where they cut out for the gaspipe and did not put the little
pieces underneigh to enclose it and the ferrets had improved on it some,
reshaped it and some insulation was pulled out.

I'm not just going to tell everyone but I had another crises - had left
to go shopping, carried out some newspapers, my purse, two carriers and
whatever, stacked the carriers on the shelf, put papers in bin, backed my
truck out of the garage at which time the carriers fell - which I thought
was odd but drove off saying I would stack them when I got home.  Got home,
stacked them, and then went to the computer.  Here came two neighbors
carrying a ferret they thought was Ammonia, they are not ferret people and
the color was too dark.  I raced out there to them saying How Did She Get
out - it was Joy, fat Joy never goes beyond the hammock or food dish unless
she is on a leash being drug out.  WEll, I raced to the den and got
everyone put up but Febreze, the fiestiest and energetic one of them all,
I hunted, I turned over couch, chairs, moved anything out from the wall,
looked under fish acquarium tested doors, my repairs, meaning pulling the
dryer and washer out, etc.  Then I began to think, hey you know, I didn't
notice the weight of things as I carried that load out to the garage, I bet
Joy had crawled into one of the carriers into a hammock (she does this
outside, I have hammocks set up in cardboard boxes) and that was why the
carriers fell off that shelf.  Meaning she did NOT escape from the house,
the house was secured and ok.  AFter I called everyone for the forth time,
I let them know I was going to wait it out, that Febreze does hide and I
can't find her, will see if she appears, had already been all over the
neighbor - first I was calling out to the top of my lungs Ammonia, then
left gate open to drive the tractor through, and went around screaming
Drano & Comet (dumb dumb dogs), and now going around screaming Febreze -
sure hope no one thinks I am pedalling stuff.  While I was on the phone
talking to the last person I needed to tell, there was Febreze - she had
come out of nowhere and was rounding the food dish, getting herself a
"fresh" one.

So, the place is boarded up just fine, the mind is not, its loose and
wild.

Millie and her Noble Cleaning Crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Cascade:  Boy that woman has lungs
Ajax:  Da the one screaming or Grandma - oh, da, its de same, de voice
       tinda sounds different at dat octave.
Dizzy:  Now, you all, lets be good ferrets and stay out of the way of
Grandma, find your best hiding spots so we won't bother her.
Joy:  Crap!! excuse the language, do you know what it is like to fall from
      that heighth - "I'M" not endorsing her hammocks as a safety gaget
Prell:  I just knew it, you blame her for your problems, can't face your
     own responsibility, cheeeeeesssseee who crawled in the carrier anyway.
Febreze:  HEY, It wasn't in my contract to come running everytime she
          squeeks that thing.  What does she think I am anyway, a ferret.
Cheer:  Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh the harmony here, the love, the flow,   okokkay
Okkay, Who Poofed  !!!!
Grandma:  Bless you and keep you, Ammonia, wherever you are, honey.

The posting of:
LynnSiegel: [log in to unmask]
We, the Sneaky Snakes & I have been talking it over & decided we would like
to give a good home to a big, sweet male.  Ok, ok, we didn't talk & I
decided.  But poor old George is the only guy among 6 girls, & while I am
sure he enjoys his harem, I thought he might also like to have another guy
around to talk over guy things with.

While I am partial to mitts, color & age don't matter.  I would just like
it to be a large male that is gentle with other ferrets, especially other
males.  George, if not blind is very close to it so I don't want him to
have to battle a new comer for rights.

The kids have a very tall converted Mid West cage to be in at night.  It
actually is two cages, one on top of the other, (it came with QT, Sadie &
Cocoa).  I have added wooden shelves so there are many levels & lots of
hammocks, sleeping places.  They are only in it at night.  During the day
they have a large bedroom with attached bath to roam in.  So many toys that
I can hardly find the floor to walk on.

I will be glad to provide veterinary references.  QT is deaf & George can
hardly see if at all so I have experience on those levels.  I would adopt
from a shelter but I am not sure where the nearest one is.  I live in West
Pasco County & will be glad to travel 2 to 3 hrs in any direction but west,
<g> to bring a baby home.  I would also be interested in buying from a
breeder & arrange for transportation one way or another, or from a private
party or any shelter willing to send me a baby.  Also as I know many times
someone wants to place a baby that is bonded to another, so more than one
is ok to.  Two males, or a male & female, all will have a good permanent
home.

Lynn & The Seven Sneaky Snakes in Fur Suits: Rosie, Blossom, George, Qt,
Sadie, Cocoa & Caffie