From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:56:01 -0700
I received this email yesterday ..........

   --------

Hello, we were recently given an unwanted ferret that we cannot keep
but I am having trouble finding her a home, because she appears to have
adrenal disease I am thinking? We made the mistake of thinking we could
take her in before seeing what she looked like, but we didn't want to
leave her in her former home after she was given to us. She has hair
loss and weight loss. Though she has recently started growing fur back
on her tail, her rump is still pretty sparse. She is very scrawny
looking, despite how much she eats. She eats like a horse, but looks
like skin and bones under her fur. We want her to go to a suitable home
where they can afford to take her to the vet and get her treatment. I
am not sure how far along her disease is in progression, as I am not
experienced with this sort of thing. We already have a dog, a cat, and
a rat, and we just cannot afford her treatment. I am at a loss for
where to take her, and I do not want to put her to sleep since she is a
great ferret and seems like she has a lot of life left to live, and I
was hoping you had an opening for a special needs ferret, she is around
5 years old I think. She is fine with our dog Josci and loves to climb
and explore, she has lots of energy despite her condition, and we let
her roam the house most of the day, and she is good with the litter
box, so I don't think she would be very hard to find a home for if the
right person was found.

   --------

Is anyone able to help? If so, email me, please.

Thanks

Dee
West Michigan Ferret Connection