From:
Patrick Laverty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 06:12:47 -0700
I have had my two babies Li'l Penny and Ditto since New Year's '96.  I am
wondering why when they're out of the cage, they don't seem to enjoy human
interaction, Li'l Penny especially.  If I go to play with her, she runs
away, and is more interested in pulling the insoles out of my shoes.  Ditto
will at least jump on my leg and go for a ride, or run between my feet as I
walk around.  Other than that, there isn't too much play.  Could this be
because they were not handled by people before I got them?  They have in no
way been abused.  Is it because I am the discipline one and the one who
decides when play time is over and cage time begins?  (and vice versa)
These are both very smart ferrets as Ditto has learned how to escape from
the cage to the point where I have been forced to put luggage locks on all
the doors and put a weight on the top door as they can open that door, get
out and scale the three floors down out of the cage.  I just hear all these
great stories of ferret/people interaction and I don't get to see too much
of it.

Patrick L w/ Ditto and Li'l Penny (and T.W.O.  who crossed the rainbow
bridge a while back)

===
Visit www.RIAthletics.com