From:
Jayne Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 00:37:30 -0400
The Death of a Squeek Toy

I think my name is Pork Chop, that's the name I always hear when the big
hairless thing picks me up or sees me in the mouth of the furry things.
Today the big hairless thing found a tear in my side.  Not a large tear
really, not at all.  You can't really even see it unless you look for it.  I
wasn't a bad pork chop, I think.  The white furry one really liked me; he
picked me up a lot.  The smaller black furry thing and the even smaller grey
furry thing tried to get me from the white one, but he never let me go.  The
furry things weren't bad really, a little rough at first but mostly they
liked to hide me where the big hairless one couldn't find me.  After that,
they left me alone, except for occasionally moving me to another location.
I liked the travel.  Or when the hairless thing found me again and showed me
to the furry things.  I liked being squeeky.  I could make all the furry
things come when I squeeked.  I heard the hairless thing say that I squeeked
pretty good for a vinyl toy.  But one time she said I was kinda thin for
vinyl.  But I'm not latex, whatever that means.  I don't know, but I'm
pretty sure it's really bad cause I heard about another squeeky toy that was
latex, and now he lives in another room away from the furry things.  I guess
that the really big furry thing (they make a noise like a wolf, cept
different) had that latex toy way before the other furry things came, and
the big furry thing liked it so much that the big hairless thing couldn't
throw it out.  I heard the big hairless thing say that I couldn't play with
the furry things no more cause I had a tear.  She told the furry things to
say goodbye to me and picked me up and put me in another room.  I heard the
big hairless thing talking to another big hairless thing, saying that maybe
Boomer could have it if the tear wasn't too bad.  I've seen that Boomer
thing before--it picked me up once.  It scared me.  It's like the big furry
thing that sounds like a wolf cept different, except for it's WAY bigger
than the big furry thing that lives in this place.  I think I'm in
trouble......

Mr. Pork Chop (1995-1996)
RIP
Occasional Pal to Gatsby and Saffy