From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:39:25 -0500
>From:    The Bernstein Family <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ants, Zits and Shelters
>Last time I wrote I was considering a companion for Cutie.  She is a MF
>female, about 3 months old.  Many kind-hearted people suggested a shelter,
>and I thought I would give a less fortunate ferret a second chance at a
>loving home.  ... I have called and/or e-mailed all the contacts I have of
>local ferret shelters AND dog/cat shelters in Broward (and a few in Dade)
>that occasionally take in ferrets.  No responses.  I guess everyone's too
>busy taking care of them to place them???

Tina, I'm offended by the statement that you got no responses.  What were
those two or three e-mail messages you and I exchanged?  Granted, we may
not have been able to fulfill your request for a baby ferret near Cutie's
age, but I did respond.  And knowing me like I do, probably within an hour
or two of your e-mail.

If you're still interested, let me know and I will personally contact
Angela and see what we can do for you.  If you have a very specific age,
color, etc., ferret in mind, we may not be able to fill your request.  If
you just want to give a needy ferret a good home, I'm sure we can set you
up with a half-dozen or so!

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC