From:
Bart en Ariklla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 22:21:35 GMT
Hello fellow ferrets,

This week I had a strange adventure and I think I should warn you.

My sister and I were sleeping in our cage when suddenly mam began to
rearrange our playground next to my head using all this heavy machinery,
like hammer and drill and so.  What a noise.  I like it when she redesigns
our cage but please, not when I'm asleep.  Being a young ferret, I need my
rest, you see.

So I figured, how can I stop her.  Distracting her didn't work cause I was
too sleepy to dance.  And I couldn't steel the machinery: it was way too
heavy for me.  Then I noticed that little ball.

Mam was constantly pulling strings out of it which she used to hang the
tubes from the ceiling of our cage.  It looked pretty important to her so if
I could only hide that ball then mam would leave us alone for a while, I
thought.  I took my position and when mam didn't look I ran for the ball,
grabbed it away and hurried to my most secret hiding place.

Now comes the scaring part I want to warn you for, so pay attention: This
little, innocent looking ball left a trace from the ceiling of our cage
where mam was bussy attaching strings to, via my secret route, to our hiding
place!  Mam could just follow the string and she knew all !!

And I thought we could go back to sleep?  No way, we have to find a new
secret place first.  Any suggestions?

Snurre and Doerak