From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 1994 12:52:49 -0500
ladies, gentlemen, and domestic mustelids, for your enjoyment and
entertainment please allow me to present:

     THE DARING YOUNG EMMETT  (tune: Man on the Flying Trapeze)

I'm a daring young ferret, and Emmett's my name
I'm not a wild animule, I truly am tame
If you dare say I'm wild, you risk my two-legged's wrath
'Cause I'm only wild immediately after my bath!

You can't find the phone bill, you've misplaced your keys,
You're searching for sneakers on your bended knees,
You're seeking the sweater that you wore yesterday--
All these things I have stolen away!

(B part)
     I keep all my treasure-trove under the chair
     (A sight truly wondrous to see)
     I've got so much plunder hidden under there
     That there's barely enough room for me!
                  oh. . .
(A part)
I pulled all the chess pieces out of their box
To add to my stash of superfluous socks
And my two-legged was in a terrible quand'ry
When I filched an entire basket of laundry!

(B part)
     Whenever I'm in an industrious mood
     And I've run out of objects to steal
     I fill all the corners with pieces of food
     So I can have a quick pick-up meal!
                  oh. . .

(A part)
I epitomize the prevailing belief
That a ferret's an accomplished, superlative thief
I pilfer and plunder, I raid and ransack
And I never (no, never) give anything back!

c 1993 Cait Poulechat  Kate Pappas and Emmett Kelly Point-3

thank you thank you thank you (bow)

p.s. ok, I've sent y'all mine, and I know some of you have your
own, which I'd *love* to have (hint, hint. . .) thanx again!