From:
Rebecca Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 09:15:48 +0100
Hello everyone, I need some help a.s.a.p.,

I'm currently travelling accross the country (now in Meridian, MS) and have
begun to worry thatbe one of my ferrets may seriously sick.  I am writing
directly to Dr. Williams and Joanie as well in hopes of getting an answer
very quickly.  We've been traveling for over a week now and both ferrets
have had loose stools, but I figured it was from the stress of traveling.  I
am begining to wonder though wether or not Jitterbug may have somehow eaten
something and have a blockage.  She is eating normally and I am making sure
she drinks a lot of water, but what comes out doesn't seem to equal what
goes in.  Now this is a little difficult to tell since I have two ferrets in
the same cage and Monkey is a fabulous pooper.  But everytime I see
Jitterbug go, only a tiny dollop comes out, its loose and the diameter seems
much smaller than usual.  Jitterbug normally makes much bigger poops, both
in amount and diameter.  Is this just stress, or does she definitely have a
blockage?  If she does have a blockage are there any alternatives to
surgery?  I will be in Houston in a couple of days and am sure I could get
her to a vet there, but will that be soon enough?  Does anybody know of any
fantastic vets in Houston?  I am VERY worried, but my SO says it is just the
stress of travelling.  I think that 3 days of this is definitely too much.
Since I am on the road it is best to e-mail me directly and SOON.  Thanks
for everything.

     Rebecca