From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:17:42 -0500
Hi October;

I read your message and I felt your pain.  That's so trite to say but
really it's true.  You've place your heart, your family, your home, and
your pocketbook out there and found what we've all found, it is a cold,
cruel world.  I've said many times this just isn't worth it, but so far I
haven't found a way to stop, but when I do I've decided I'm not going to
feel bad about it.  I've spent my time in the barrel ... so have you.

You are correct -- there is NO reason for you to feel bad.  You've given
and given and I know that even with closed doors, California ferrets in
need not withstanding, you'll always give.  That's what real rescuers
do - they give..  they can't help themselves.  And the hateful selfish
people..  well sweetie, screw 'em if they can't take a joke.

You know..  you might write a letter to the editor of your local paper
and tell the story a bit..  you know about how rude some people are and
how hateful and tell what she did as an example..  make it a local plea
for people to think before they react and before they hurt an animal...
some people might read it and talk about it and then maybe, just maybe
you've reached a few other people who would have just turned it loose!
Cut and paste your message to the FML..  that was good... Maybe you can
save just a few more that way too as you move on to your next task - you
know there's going to be another and you won't be able to say no..  I'm
telling you --- for whatever reason - loving and giving is in your blood.

If I could give you big hugs I would, so I hope telling you I'm hugging
you tight and saying, THANK YOU for all you've done helps you to know,
Yep there's bitches and assholes out there..  and then there's you..
standing in the gap against them - for the sake of the innocent... it's
people like you who make the world worth tolerating.  Keep that chin up.
you've earned it.  YOU GO GIRL... good job!

Vicki
Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Pasadena, TX 77506