From:
"Paula E. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 20:37:52 -0600
Hello all. I have not been reading the FML for around two weeks due to
other less fun activities taking up all my time. (You all know how life
is sometimes). I am writing now because Kitka is spending the night at
the VCA Animal Hospital. When I got home this noon from school I found
that someone had vomited in the bathroom and tracked it just everywhere.
I observed Charlotte and Kitka for a little while amd Kitka threw up
again. It was the color of Science Diet -- but very very watery. I called
in at work (only my second day on the job. less than impressive but my
priorities are with my girls.) And then rushed them both to the vet (Char
came to keep us company). Kitka looked ok for a few minutes, then
lethargic, then ok again, etc. Her eyes looked dull. Her temp was normal
but they found bacteria in her stool (the vet didn't tell my husband the
type). They took an x-ray which showed some excess gas, and gave her subq
fluids and some anti-vomiting medication (I wish I knew what exactly.
I'll find out when I talk to the vet tonight).  I am worried about her.
they are going to observe her, hydrate her, and operate if they see fit
to look for foreign bodies. I told the vet to do it without hesitation if
she even thinks it might be a possibility. Please everybody, think of
Kitka today. I am really scared. Thanks.

Paula Smith