Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:59:18 EDT
I've used Chlorhexyderm shampoo when my guys get to losing tail hair from
acne.  I only need to do this once or twice a year on the ones who get it
bad.  My big jib, who's not descented gets it the worse.  I also have a
tiny albino rescue that has a problem with it.  A vet recommended more
fatty acids to my step-Mom for one of hers.  She feeds the IAMS kitten,
so this probably doesn't hurt.  Any input on this?  I'm also feeding my
2yo ins. ferret a mix of ground TFand what I feed my skunks-Skunkie
Delight.  It's got cooked grains, vitamins, Taurine, cold-processed oil,
egg, and raw ground turkey.  My concern is that there isn't enough fat.
The cold-processed oil is vegetable based.  I'm wondering if adding fatty
acids would help.  I'm also interested in which grain would be easiest
digested.  I use rolled oats for the skunks.  I've started him on Pred and
he seems to be stabilized.  He doesn't want to eat dry TF.

Carla (the one with the skunks!)