From:
T Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:54:36 EST
Greetings to all fuzzies and their people. :-)

I was in a Petco on Route 6 in Seekonk, MA the other day (just outside of
Providence) to get a new hammock.  As is often the case, they had some
baby ferts for sale (I really hate to see animals sold in petstores) but
it was the older albino that caught my eye.  I'd seen this ferret there
before, quite a long time ago.  I asked a sales person if this was the
same albino and he said yes, he thought it had been there for 6 or 7
months.

All the ferts seemed to be in "standard" Petco condition (e.g., long
nails, water bottles having fallen into the cage), but I was/am
particularly concerned about this guy because, quite honestly, being an
"older" ferret in a cage with cute, fluffy kits, I do not think anyone is
going to buy him.  Obviously, this has been the case so far because he's
been there so long.  It broke my heart.  I'd take him if I could but I
have 3 guys right now and that's about all I can handle.  I spoke to an
unsympathetic asst.  manager named Elaine (whom I'm certain thought I was
just trying to scam a deal) and she said she'd sell him for 20% off, and
if that's 20% off the current sale price, we're talking about approx.
$80.

Just wanted to let you all know and see if anyone is interested in helping
this poor guy escape the big glass bowl of doom at the Petco.  It would
make my day to know he got the hell out of there.

Dooks-
Traci
& Presley, Kirby, and Farley