From:
steve austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 00:33:40 -0500
I have seen a few posts about pros/cons using the diaper pails for ferret
waste, I thought it was a good idea and bought a cheaper version of one.

When I moved the ferrets from the bedroom I didn't use it anymore- forgot
to take out the bag inside, and it is in the corner of the ferret room near
a chair and t.v.  For those of you not familiar with them, this one has a
little blue center on the top that you push on and it pops open.  Every
once in awhile I would find it open, and figure the cat jumped off it and
it opened accidently, and once saw a ferret nosing at the blue part... (you
know where this story is going)

Today I come in and hear a noise in that corner, coming from the diaper
pail.  Low and behold there is one of my babies, with her cute little pink
nose sticking out the top, she was trying to climb out, and was hanging on
the sides, pulling herself up.  It would have made a cute pic, but alas no
camera close by, and I felt bad leaving her there while I ran upstairs.
(for those that know me, this showed incredible restraint).

So, no one worry, she is fine, a little smelly, ran for the litter box
(what a good girl), and no harm done.  Just think I'll move the diaper
pail further away from the chair.

Patty