From:
Jacci Denney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:11:20 EST
I'm nervous about posting this......some people seem eager to attack
other people on this list sometimes.  Don't flame me....I don't care
for that.

As some of you may remember, I recently took in 8 ferrets to my
sanctuary/shelter (I didn't intend to become a shelter...I thought about
it, and decided that now wasn't the right time, but that is neither here
nor there).

I am wanting to let everyone know that my *sanctuary* is full, so some
of the ferrets that are adoptable are looking for forever homes.  I will
keep them as long as it takes to find them GREAT homes, as these ferrets
have not had an easy time.  They will be available once they have had
all of their vet appts.  I would keep all of them forever, the only
difficulty is that with so many playgroups, they don't get very long
*turns* to play.  I have 7 total playgroups.

Everyone has had their heartguard, manicures, baths and ear cleanings....
(that was a long day).  Their shots will be brought up to date and full
exams (fecal, blood) are scheduled for next week.  I must say that it
breaks my heart to think of them going somewhere else, I have already
grown so attached to them.  But with 7 total playgroups, they aren't
getting enough playtime and homeschooling gets interrupted a lot (I
homeschool 2 furless kids).  My house looks like a school for wayward
ferrets <G>.  Integrating doesn't seem possible, as one of my males
refuses to allow any new members to his group.  I will continue to try
to integrate these babies, but I'm not having much luck.  Kosmo just
isn't having it, and I can't listen to them shriek.  If I could get
them down to 2 groups that would be awesome.  Maybe I need the pet
psychic!  Someone once told me to let them fight it out and then they'll
be friends, but I don't think I can do that.  I'm sure if this post is
too long, so I'm going to send the rest of this on another post.

[continued:]

Here's some info on the kids:

George--albino male, unknown age (gets along with Delilah but not with
any males) very sweet.  Reported as blind, but I think he just has bad
eyesight.  So, so sweet.  Washed his ears (they were filthy) and gave him
a bath.  He has a thin coat and lots of little scratches on him.  I think
he must have had a ton of fleas, or something.  Doesn't bite, tries to
always use litter box.  Very curious.  Wants to go everywhere and look
at everything.

Hester--female, a reported *nipper*, but she has not bitten me.  Very
tiny.  Aprox 4 yrs this month.  Cinnamon/chocolate colored.  Will need
her boosters in Oct.  Doesn't care for other ferrets.  She's a doll!
Loves A/d canned food (I'm trying to fatten her up).  Loves to chase and
grab your leg, too funny.

Sassy--Also very tiny.  chocolate standard.  Aprox Doesn't care for other
ferrets.  Very, very sweet.  This little girl will steal your heart.

Cagemates  (this group is very sweet)
Homer--male aprox
Harley--male aprox 1 yr., he's very handsome,
Boo (Her name was Buelah)--female, very little history.  aprox , DEW

Cagemates
Oscar--Sweetheart, male aprox 9 mo- 1 yr., very playful.
Wallace--female aprox 3 yrs, chocolate blaze, bites when frightened, but
she's only bitten me once.

Once again let me state that if I could get them to integrate, this would
be their forever home.  Poop patrol doesn't bother me, and my husband is
very supportive of my furkids, and I have a full-time *ferret assistant*
(my mother lives in our guest house, and she is a huge help), I just
can't make enough time in the day for their play, and I feel so bad when
a group only gets an hour to play.

Please e-mail me privately for more info.

Jacci

Big, sorry for the long post.....thanks for everything you do!
[Duh... OK in OK!  BIG]