From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:10:25 -0400
Howdy there everyone!  Hope everyone is doing well - to those with ill
ferrets or recent losses, we extend many well wishes.

So, here's the update on our latest addition, Tessa.  She and the others -
Frodo and Geisha - are getting along just great.  After only one week, she
was sleeping in the main cage with the other two.  I was very impressed
with how readily she settled in!!  In the past, the integration of a new
ferret usually took more like a month!

She definitely has a sock fetish but at least she's not biting quite so
hard in her effort to abscond the socks off of your feet!  Tessa also seems
to be getting the hang of the word 'no'.  If she does bite at my feet, she
usually lets go once I firmly say 'no'.  She still occasionally gets a bit
overexuberant, but that's when she's already all wound up and excited.  It
however didn't work so well the other day when I was wearing my Isotoner
slippers - Tessa got biting too hard and I had to scruff her since nothing
else was working.  I had to do this twice and it started to sink in that
maybe this wasn't a very nice way to play with mom.  I think since the
slippers look/feel/taste??  different from the socks, she had abit of
trouble making the differentiation.

Otherwise, she's an absolute gem and graces my chin and lips (eek!  watch
where that tongue goes!  blah!) with lots of kisses!  Thanks again Randy!!!

It was also Geisha's sixth birthday yesterday.  Needless to say she got
slipped a few extra treats and got some extra ear rubbing and back
scratching!  She is definitely slowing down (sigh!) but she's still a
great little gal with personality to spare!

 *****

On another note, to the person who was *extremely* upset over the idea of
someone feeding their ferrets mice - what do you think they ate before
kibble was made???  This is an animal that has been domesticated for quite
a long time.  As others have pointed out, there was a big discussion about
this topic not so long ago.  I have to admit I toyed with the idea but
changed my mind - I'm too squeamish I think.  I definitely wasn't against
the idea because of the idea - they're carnivores - more to avoid
embarrassing myself by losing my cookies over watching the scene unfold.
If you want to feed your ferrets mice, by all means go ahead, they're good
for them (provided of course if the mice are from a trusted source).

As for Limejello and his "Gravy Adventure", I thought it was a howl!  It
was a joke - make us laugh some more folks!!!  By the way, I had forgotten
some of your ferrets' names until someone posted about Insanity and
Ka-Boing!  Could you list the rest cuz I think the names you chose are
just great!!!

Well, that's all for now - take care and hugs to all!

George, Jasper and the Crew of Geisha, Frodo and Tessa

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret