From:
sandra robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:02:06 -0500
Since my box overflows, I'm doing a update here rather than the time
consumimg task of PE's. As I'm only here to do ferrets before returning
to hospital

Steve's own words are " I'm jacked up !!!!" He is in a mess for sure.

Ok, he has the broken neck, , a river rock the size of my fist loosely
closed was inbedded into his side. That crushed his left kidney. Left
a huge hole in his side, damaged his pancrease & liver. A broken knee
cap, 39 stiches over all in his head, , fractured elbow, broken ankle.
What they didn't pick up on at first was that he also had a torn
intestine, which was leaking into his body. They knew he was bleeding
from elsewhere other than his left kidney but cat scans & ultrasounds ,
x-rays, didn't show it. Also, his right kidney quit working. The kidney
Drs started pumping fluids in to *kick start* it into working. Only it
filled his lungs instead. They also couldn't get his BP under 190. He
was litterally dying before our eyes.

The Drs & I discussed that as weak as he was , an exploitroy was our
only hope. But his chances were not good for survival. They told me to
get all the family there. And to pray. So, this morning he underwent
surgery. We prayed & he came thru it. He is on dialylis, Not sure if I
spelled it right, probably not as sleep has been very little). He is
in SICU with a nurse of his own.

He made the headlines of the local paper. And the TV station called
at the hospital, wanting an interview so they can do a jet ski saftey
progarm. Sure, it's important , but not as important as my sond life,
which is still very shakey.

Thanks for all the many prayers. DRs are hoping that in a few
weeks/months this one kidney will owrk. If not, the family is willing
to donate.

Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Shelter
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice