From:
John Coder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 21:47:48 -0500
Well, hello again Ferret pets!  I wanted to continue with the "adventure",
and believe me "adventure" it was, of the rescue of the Beautiful and
Neglected Ferrets of Fredonia!

To begin with, John went out and got us a tent and sleeping bags, as we
figured to camp out as much as possible!  I also, through the unexpected
help of a co-worker, found us a cap to fit John's truck, for a mere twenty
dollars!  Well, we were on our way!  We left on a Tuesday night as soon as
John was off from work.  The weather was GREAT, the leaves on the trees
changing and lovely!  We made it go Terre Haute from Cincinnati (about a
hundred fifty miles) in good time.

The only inconvenience was setting up the tent in the dark, but we managed
as if we had done it everyday!  It was then into a nearby town for dinner
and libation.  We met some nice people who were interested in what we were
doing, ate well, and returned "home" to our tent!  Personally, I slept like
a log, the air was so cold and clear!!!!

Next morning we set out, grabbed a breakfast, and continued on in beautiful
weather.  Now trouble hit!  About 60 miles from St. Louis our fan belt
broke!  John pulled us off the freeway!  He lifted the hood, found the
problem, and we also found a stroke of good old fashioned American back road
luck.  A farmer across the road, who, of course, back in the true fashion I
remember as a kid, had a few spare belts, one that got us into town until
John could find one that fit!!!!

Now THAT is someone I wish that I had gotten a name and address for the face
and the hospitality!  That is the kind of spirit I have missed, living in
the city!  John and I, and all those little fuzzy beans owe a lot to that
nice stranger!  And, here, I will leave off for the next leg of the Fredonia
Ferret rescue!

Thanks and love, from me and hubby, John and Rocky Coder, and Ashlar, Cleo,
Mona Mayferret, and the Fredonia additions, Apollo, Persephone, and
Bullwinkle!

Love and Dooks,  till next posting!!!