From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 15:34:17 -0600
To Robert Fein about his ferrets,

        I'm sure you'll be inundated with advice on this one, but my two
cents is that time cures all.  Your ferrets are still babies, really, and
they'll not get *too* interested in anything but playing for a good year.
And they'll have to know you for awhile, too (I don't know how long you've
had them).  Some ferrets are more snuggly than others and I'm sure some are
cuddly, at least at naptime, from the word go.  But as a rule it seems they
get more and more snuggly as they get older.  As for training, many people
here have suggested immediate incarsaration upon biting, for those ferrets on
whom nose bopping only seems to provoke further biting.  Alot of these
ferrets see the end of playtime as a far more grave punishment than any
watery eyes.  Ferrets often have a hard time identifying those funny wiggling
things on your feet with the person they're attached to.  Don't take it too
personally!  Ice cream's pretty hard to keep handy.  Have you tried grapes?
Laxatone instead of linatone?  I'm sure others will have a hundred other
suggestions.  One thing you can be sure of -- if you are playing with them,
feeding them, and giving them the loads of love you seem to be, you can rest
assured they love you right back, and their rough play is just their funny
little way of showing it.

Laura