From:
Niki Tyree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 19:07:27 -0500
Hi All !!!!!
Guess what I got a new fuzz ball and this now makes four!!  I went into our
local pet store to drop of some paper work (not to look at fuzzies) and
there he was!  My SO and I have been looking for the last 4-5 months for a
black eyed white ferret (actual name is a "Silver" ferret- white ferret with
silver guard hairs and black eyes).  After searching for months and calling
everywhere, there he was right in front of us.  He is the cutest thing in
the world and he also has a light brown tail.  The only thing that really
upset me was that he was only 4 MONTHS OLD!!!!!  I was so MAD and PISSED OFF
that the breeder was so MONEY HUNGRY that they would ship off a ferret that
wasn't weened from his mother yet.  The owner was pretty mad also but he
said that there wasn't anything he could do about it (Not sure I believe
that).  Well I felt that I owed it to "all ferret kind" to take this one
home and be his mother.  He hardly has any teeth, can't eat dry food and is
so small that he can't really do anything.  Well, I've had him for five days
now and it's alot of work.  I'm giving him nutracal and feeding him blended
up dry food that is watered down and feeding him by hand.  We've seen such
an improvment in the last few days.  He's growing (including his teeth),
eatting me out of house and home, getting along great with the others and
the oldest female, Sammy, has seemed to play a mothering role with him.  He
the sweetest thing!!!  His name is Harley.  The one thing that was good
about his age (not that I agree with the breeder for shipping him out that
young) was that we have BONDED in a way that I never did with my other
ferrets.  It's really unique but I don't think I'd ever want to go through
that again, TOO STREESSFUL!!!  I always worry about him and it even keeps me
awake at night.  Anyone have the same experience?  Any suggestions?

Last thing, anyone here going to that ferret fun day in NH May 18?  If
anyone is, e-mail me maybe we can hook up somehow.  It would be fun to meet
some of you FML'ers that I read about everday.  Well all for now!!!!  Bye
all you ferret lovers!!!

       Niki ( Have I been a good ferret mom?)
      Sammy (Don't worry mom, I'll look after Harley)
     Nanook (Mom, Who is this new guy? And why is he so small and white?)
         CJ (Wow!!! Another ferret for me to pounce on and play with, Cool.)
     Harley (Why does Mom keep feeding me this watered down food and why
             do all the other ferrets keep looking at me funny?)