From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 04:25:18 EST
Hi Everybody...

A long time ago..  back in that dark age pre-Christmas..  <ggg> Jim March
was down to visit and revamp my poor ailing 'puter..  which he did with
great expertise..  and while here he accompanied me on a rescue of two 4 yr.
old fuzzys..  girls..  both were ill with adrenal disease..  one very
advanced and the other about a third of the way in [one adrenal very
involved and the other somewhat involved]..  Jim posted their stories on the
fml and I took on their care as they would never be adoptable [some are that
way and we just keep them and love them but we never give up!].  Jim and I
agreed this was a pretty good example of how an environment can cause such a
disease..  everything was wrong!  [see prior post or e-mail me for a copy]

So I am totally delighted to update the news on these kids..  both cases
arrested when put on the good food and proper photoperiods [thank you Mo
Bob!!!!] and free roam of my area and toys and sunshine etc.  Both had
fevers and that went after a period on Amoxy..  no changes except fur got
nice..  what there was of it left..  and teeth got cleaned and fixed..  and
so on..  little stuff..  since both were getting no worse and they were
going to be in for very rough surgery that was pretty risky in their
condition I decided to give them time and see how they did..  the surgeries
would have left them with a partial gland each only..  and a very short
prognosis..  Now for the big news..  and I very much want a witness from
around here to see this..  and especially Jim who was there at the start..
The adrenal girl with nearly no fur and what she had was like brillo pads is
growing in a whole new soft coat of fur!!  ALL OVER coat of fur!!!  If it
continues as it is she will shortly look like any other fuzzbutt!!!

Has Anyone ever had this reversal of advanced adrenal disease happen???  I
have never heard of it and I have looked in every place I can think of..  I
am absolutely floored!  the sister is getting a much softer coat too and is
far healthier than when she arrived..

Would someone [AND JIM MARCH] known and respected on this list that is
reachable from this So.  Cal.  area [e-mail me privately please] please
respond to be an independent witness for me..  This makes all the work all
these years worth every minute..  yes the medical trauma saves are very dear
to me..  but this..  well this is very special ..  very special indeed.

thanks all..  Happy Ferreting..

dayna and the [ex.. dare we hope?] adrenal girls

Please correct your address book for all non compuserve related mail so it
goes to my internet mailbox at woozles@ecom.net...thank you..

If you want to see my critters.. stop by my web page at  ....
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2322

 "Resident of... Marvelous Menagerie Of Mirthful Mayhem"
 Dayna Frazier  102046,3162  04-Mar-1997  02:30:54 PST