From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 09:16:57 -0400
tle wrote a good intro piece on ferret-proofing that i thought i'd follow
up:

We have ferretized our living room following my failure to prevent potpie
from getting into the couch.  currently, we sit on the floor, and potpie has
1.4 miles of dryer hose strung elegantly from floor to ceiling.  the taller
of me and my housemates are constantly ducking.  the fridge is open
constantly, so hence no dairy products or meats.  we had to build ramps to
make the top shelves accessible, but we havent yielded the cabinets yet, so
all of our granola bars and canned foods are kept in there.  shoes litter
the floor, and the slinky dictator made us line the wall with boxes so she'd
have places to hide the shoes.  we've also hired the neighbor's cat to come
by and let potpie chew on him, as BOBOkitty is too terrified to come
downstairs any more.  a Hanes representatives delivers a new basket of socks
every morning, and our new maid constantly fills glasses with water, which
she then sets on the floor for Potpie to attend to.  a bucket of dried
cherries and raisins sits on the lowest coffee table we could find.  we put
the vet's picture onto a mousepad that potpie could drag away and chew on.

we may have to move back out soon; so far, we've managed to keep her out of
our bedrooms, but i have the feeling her next edict will involve her chewing
on our toes under bedcovers all night..

melissa

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"