Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 00:02:48 -0700
Hello Again!

I just wanted to thank some very special FMLers for their help and support
in my time of need: Debbie Riccio for her support and warnings re: ECE, Troy
Lynn Eckart for all the recipes and info.  that she has provided me, and
Andi Lockhart, a neighbor I never knew existed until the FML brought us
together at the NJ Pet Expo.  Andi and I spent a few hours together last
night and I learned alot from her.  I now feel very confident that I can see
my girls through this...Thanks again, Andi!

Quick update: Molly is as energetic as ever, but I did notice a slight drop
in weight...When I went to put her safety collar on this morning, it was
quite loose and easily slipped on and off.  She is eating and drinking on
her own, but she got a good dose of duck soup and Pedialyte tonight anyway,
with Andi's help!  : ) Gidget is older and taking it a bit harder...she
seems more nauseated whenever she eats or drinks(gnashes her teeth), and did
not seem to be eating or drinking much on her own.  She also got a nice big
dose of duck soup from a syringe and seemed to really appreciate the efforts
we made!  She will get another dose of Pedialyte before I go to bed.  Andi
felt that she was a little dehydrated.  I am really relieved now that I know
how to take proper care of her...I feel sorry for the ferret owners that
don't have access to this wonderful FML.  I'm sure it has saved countless
fuzzy lives.

Attention Vets and others!

Another Matter: I need some info on ferret incontinence.  My 9 week old
female( Baby Knuks look-alike!) seems to be constantly wet with urine.  She
is leaving the smell on just about everything that comes in contact with
that area, including her two brothers!  I've noticed that if given the
option of other sleeping quarters within the same cage, they choose not to
sleep with her( even ferrets have discriminating noses!) She literally reeks
of the smell of urine.  She had a bath on Tuesday and on Thursday AM I had
to dunk and bathe her lower body again because I just couldn't stand the
odor anymore!  She seems to be wet after exertion(wrestling with the guys,
playing chase around the living room,etc.) Is this something she will grow
out of as her muscles(including sphincter) develop and strengthen?  Is it a
problem with too narrow of a urethra which doesn't allow her to empty her
bladder completely at the appropriate time?  My sister had to have an
operation for this when she was about 4 years old to widen her urethra
because she dribbled alot.  Or....could this possibly be a botched
spay/descenting operation or maybe even a bladder/urinary tract infection?
I will pursue this further with a knowledgable vet, but any info you can
offer would be greatly appreciated.  She is the cutest little baby, but the
aroma emanating from her is, ahem...less than endearing!  : (

Thanks in advance!

Dodie and the Five Fuzzies