From:
M Dorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:55:02 -0500
Hello everyone.  I posted about a month ago asking for advice about my 6
month old Valentine being depressed with ECE.  Well for a short time she got
better.  She relapsed about 3 weeks ago.  Since then its been force feeding
duck soup 3 or 4 times a day.  Amoxicillin, Flagyl & Carafate 3 times a day
& SQ fluids twice a day.  Its been torture for her & its been hell for me
too.  Anyway her poor little skeleton frame just cant take it anymore & last
night we had to take her back to the hospital for IV fluids.  The vet gives
her a 50/50 chance of surviving.  I dont think her chances are that good.
Problem is I just dont want her to go over rainbow bridge.  Im being selfish
& I just dont want her to go.  When is enough, enough?  I dont want to make
that decision to end her life but I cant live with her torture either.  Why
does this have to happen to one of the most wonderful creatures on the face
of this earth!  I just cant stop crying & I just dont want her to go.  She
steals all my socks, eats all our raisins, dives in our cereal bowls & gives
me kisses every morning when I get home.  She danced so much we often
wondered if she had tourettes syndrome.  Now she can bearly lift her head.
I have never loved an animal like I love her & Qpid ( my 1 & a half year
old).  I have worked so hard to save her but I feel like I have failed her.
PLEASE everyone pray for my Valentine.  In the mean time I will just keep on
crying & Qpid just keeps right on looking for her.

Melony Qpid & Valentine