From:
Steve Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:46:01 -0500
>...It is years of spending every minute trying to keep your head above
>water physically, eventually mentally, and ultimately: psychologically
>and spiritually.  When you wrote that you had this disease-AND a violent
>family: I wanted very much to help YOU by taking Monty.  .  Yet, you are
>an utter stranger.  If you were not willing to have the doc fax over a
>mere sentence or two stating that you indeed have chronic fatigue
>syndrome- the reason I am so compelled to want to help you and Monty?  I
>would know that you were a player, and have no desire to get involved

I hate to get in the middle of the Amanda saga here, but today's posts
were out of line.  I was one who originally e-mailed her and thought she
needed to plan more before she got the ferret, and was one of the people
who "flamed" her- well she sure thought I did.

So, I kept out of it, but now I have to come to her defense because there
are way too many people posting here to pressure her to give her ferret
up.  I understand their concerns, but it feels like a lynch mob, and I
am not Amanda.

My opinion of her is that she needs to get support and approval here
because she doesn't get it at home- so she posts everything that happens
as it happens, instead of waiting and seeing how things are going, and
then posting.  By doing that she has everyone up in arms, one day the
ferret has to go, the next it is best friends with her husband, next day
is driving her crazy in the room making noise.  She posted that her son
tried to stomp on the ferret, he is 18 months old, he would be pulling a
cat's tail, or grabbing the dog by the ears, next thing everyone is saying
she is in a violent home, and her son is going to be a serial killer!

So, everyone take a deep breath and Amanda knows there are people willing
to take Monty, She knows Monty needs time to adjust to the house, lots of
play time and maybe more things to play with in his room- I have a ferret
that scratches all the time at the door despite all this, and I turn up
the air purifier, close the door and he stops- or I fall asleep.

For Amanda, take a deep breath, when something happens and you post think
about it, you are inviting us all into your private life, so don't yell
if we get too personal and say "mind your own business".  Wait a little
before posting, maybe a day or few hours and reassess the situation and
then post if you have something to share or ask.

Good luck with Monty,
BTW I met Randy at the symposium and she is a kind and giving person,
should Monty need another home please contact her.

Patty