From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 11:21:09 -0500
Deborah Footer,
You inquired about Dr. Schaffer at the East Orange Animal Hospital in
Orlando FL.

I doubt that you will find a better ferret vet in the Central Florida area
than Dr. Jeff.  If you have been on the FML long enough to have read my
various posts about Cujo, you will know what I mean.  Dr. Jeff operated on
him for urinary blockage, then re-plumbed him to make his urinary tract
like a female.  He has also operated on him (and on our Bandit) for adrenal
removal, and recently had to go into Cujo again for a protatic cyst
drainage operation.  He searched for and found two new medicines for Cujo's
prostatic cancer and infected cyst.  I believe Cujo is alive today ONLY
because off Dr. Jeff.  And through it all, Dr. Jeff has shown a compassion
for for our guys that is usuallt only found in ferret owners.

If you are close to his location (we AREN"T....we are 40 miles away in
Kissimmee), then stick with him.  Even if you have to drive a ways, as far
as I am concerned........he is the best of the best in this area.

Charlie, Ag, Donna, Cujo, Bandit, Snowball, and Valentine