From:
Bruce Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 21:46:06 -0700
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater writes:
>I do advocate exposure at a young age (to ECE) because the older ferrets
>have a much harder time if they are exposed.

I'm sorry, but I have to say this is not a very good idea.  ECE is a disease
of unknown origin, probably viral and while I agree the mortality rate can
be lessened by proper treatment, the morbidity (or suffering) rate is high.
Prevention, not exposure, is the best method of protecting your pet from
virulent diseases.
--
Bruce S. Levine, DVM
Bird & Exotic Animal Practice, Placentia and Newport Bch, CA