From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:10:22 -0500
You know, this issue has been hashed over and over before, and it never
fails, somehow someone takes this all wrong, tries to turn it into a
major issue.  About a year ago someone got their knickers in a twist
over Sandee, and I posted a pretty long post.  I'll try to keep this one
shorter.

First Skeeter (poor Skeeter got run into hiding for a while when someone
got bent out of shape on him), then Sandee, now Sandee and Sara-ferret.
Do they preach religion?  Not that I can see.  What they offer is a form
of comfort.  Those of us who lose their fur kids and post their stories
to the FML do so as a catharsis, it helps ease the pain somewhat to
relieve the brief life of a creature that brought us laughter and so much
joy.  Then when others here on the list send their condolences, that is
of immense help.  And then comes the post from Sandee and Sara-ferret
(who may write to you off the list).  You know, you realize this isn't
reality, but in your mind you can see this-all these ferrets greeting
each other, raising havoc in Heaven or whatever you believe in.  C'mon,
allow people to have this in their life.  Quit analyzing and trying to
make mountains out of molehills for pity sakes.  I personally treasure
the idea of ferrets chasing each other, flying with angel wings, stealing
a harp from an angel, attempting to sing in a ferret choir, leading a
group into havoc and mayhem without fear of injury.

Sandee and Sara-ferret, you go kids.  And to the people who create these
two little ones, my hat is off to you.  I know how hard it is to just sit
and write when I lose one, I can't imagine reading these posts and coming
up with the joy you produce to post to those of us who are grieving.
Keep up the marvelous work, wear flame retardant clothing, use a catapult
at the critics.  May the Crew of Merry Mayhem, Rainbow Bridge Division,
have fun all the time, and may Sara-ferret-she of the tilted halo-keep me
posted on the antics of them and herself in the ferret angel choir!

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"