From:
GALE PUTT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:56:21 -0400
I need help for a ferret owner in Westchester,NY.  I have her permission to
print her phone number as she is not on the internet.  Her number is
914-528-7486.  and she needs help immediately.  She found a ferret running
loose outside and took it in but has not let it near her own ferrets.
Westchester is an active rabies area and everyone she has contacted advises
her to have the ferret euthanized.  She doesn't know what to do.  Is there a
ferret rescue local to her that can advise her or take the ferret?  If it is
safe to keep it she would like to provide it with a home.  I do not know how
prevalent rabies is in her area or what the policies local ferret shelter
have set up for it.  If you can help with info or placement, please call her
as soon as possible I'm afraid if they scare her enough she will send it to
animal control.

Thank you, Gale Putt