From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 21:40:55 -0400
    The letter writing to encourage Mass Senate Ways and Means to release
H295 from Committee is going very well.  We are making progress, but there
is STILL A WAYS TO GO before we can say that we have caught up to some of
the other bills with high powered (big money'd) organizations behind them.

    For those who are not quite sure of what to say, or of how to say it,
(We've all been there from time to time), here is a sample letter.  Feel
free to print it out and use it as you wish.

    Don't want to use your return address?  No problem, you can use ours:

                     Mass Friends of the Domestic Ferret
                     P.O. Box 3123
                     Wakefield, Mass 01880

     It'll still cost 32 cents for a stamp, but not a bad return for the
money.
The Honorable Senator Thomas F. Birmingham
Chairman, Senate Ways and Means Committee
State House
Boston, MA 02133

Dear Senator Birmingham:

    I am writing you in regards to House Bill 295 (the Ferret Bill) which
has been before the Senate Ways and Means Committee since May 15, 1995.

    On behalf of the over twelve thousand ferret owners in Massachusetts,
many of whom have recently purchased pets in New Hampshire, I urge you to
release this bill with a favorable recommendation from the Committee, in
order to help make ferret ownership legal again in this state.

    Massachusetts is one of only three states which still prohibits ferret
ownership, due to their use in hunting rabbits, and the lack of an effective
rabies vaccine during the early part of this century.

   Passage of this bill will owners to receive proper veterinary care,
including Rabies and Distemper vaccinations for their pets.

Sincerely,