From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 09:51:01 -0400
Hi all,
This should not have to be explained -- but since someone seems to enjoy
wreaking havoc in the ferret community, so I will gladly put my 2 cents in.

We ( Ferret Wise Shelter) did pay a visit to Kista Ferret Rescue in Sept /
Oct of last year to pick up some of the SPCA seized ferrets.  We asked if
we could help and ease the efforts Kim and Stan.  Yes, there were lots of
ferret in lots of cages, and lots of ferret faces but all were receiving
great care and were well cared for.  They were all out of cages in groups
and were doing just fine.  With the number of ferrets in their care, there
is no way the shelter could have bee spot cleaned for our arrival-- but
guess what it was perfect!

I know that the shelter Dad was really impressed with the work that Kim and
Stan were providing and was not reluctant in the least to bring 13 ferrets
to NH where we were able to care for and place them.  Kista, being state
licensed, is monitored by the state department.  There are requirements
for licensing and penalties if the shelter is not up to par.  We can be
thankful for some regulation in this business -- I think Kim will concur
after what happened with Loving Friends.  I know we welcome every spot
inspection here-- it means that we are doing our jobs!

Good luck Kim in your continued efforts at sheltering with Kista !-- we
stand proud right next to you!

Alicia
at Ferret Wise