From:
Charissa Ebersole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:35:34 PDT
My heart aches for the ferrets confiscated in San Diego.  Yesterday, we
had a Sears technician out to our house.  He and Barry were down in the
basement, looking at the furnace when the man stopped in mid-sentence.

"Do you have a white squirrel?"  he said.

"A white squirrel?"  Barry replied.

"I just saw a white squirrel go back there," he pointed, "behind the
furnace.  The dogs acted like that's normal."  He scratched his head.
"I expected that the dogs would go after it."

"White squirrel.....oh, that's Snoopy, our white ferret.  I forgot he
was out.  He must of followed us down here."

"Ferret?"

"Yeah." Barry moved closer to the furnace, knealt, and stretched his hands
toward the darkness.  "Snoopy...here, Snoopy."

Snoopy scampered from the shadows right into his hands.

"Well, I'll be," the Sears Man said.  "Look how tame and friendly he is."

Barry held Snoopy close to his beard.  Snoopy proceeded to give his usual
ferret-kisses and settled in for some stroking.

"I've never seen anything like it.  A white squirrel."  He chuckled.

Charissa Ebersole
Toledo, OH 43606

email:  [log in to unmask]