Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:22:34 -0800
I am sure you know that a lot of older ferrets can look like they are
going adrenal, but are just actually losing hair. But, I think the
thing with Lupron helping - is not the age of the ferret per se, but
the sooner you give the Lupron when you realize there is a problem. At
least that seems to be the case with the 4-6 year old ferrets. If you
wait 2 years after they show signs of it, instead of sooner, it seems
to have less of an effect, but that is just my experience with only a
few Lupron ferrets.

I have always given Lupron to older ferrets that could not have
surgery, but I've never had one that was 9. My oldest was eight that
I gave lupron to (SQ).

Laryssa