From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 14:14:58 -0500
Hello all:

I've been reading these stories about introducing new/bitey/scared/abused
ferrets and I thought I would add what I did in the past.

Josephus was kept in a small cage, with a small collar that was so tight, he
had a welt around his neck, and the roommates that lived with his owner
yelled at him all the time.  He came to live with me because his owner
thought it would be better for him, at least during the school term.

He was terrified of me and everyone else when he first moved in.  I found
the best thing was to set up a board across the bathroom doorway (I had a
bathroom that was litterly the size of a smallbedroom at the time.  it was a
divided up house and the divisions were strange) and put my other two
ferrets in there with him.  He had no trouble with them and they all because
fast friends.  Around me, he was totally careful, but he saw the interaction
between me and my girls and quickly came around and was human friendly the
rest of his life.

This is just my experience, but it helps if the new ferret sees the other
ferrets with you.

beckers
--
becki kain
"words are just dust in deserts of sound."  eldritch