Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:05:37 -0000
Hi everyone

I've been reading FML for a few weeks now and am totally amazed that there
are so many ferret lovers in the USA and how friendly you all are - I now
spend ages on my computer every day reading all your e-mails.  If it's a
bit quiet at work I read it there too - just don't tell my boss!

I really just wanted to say hello to everyone and hope you won't mind me
joining in now and again.  We don't have many shops here that sell ferret
'goods' and I keep looking on the internet at any sites I can find that
may sell some of these lovely split level cages I've seen in photos of
your furkids.  I feel like I've joined a lovely friendly family since
being told of FML and subscribing to the list.  I've felt a bit
voyeuristic reading it all and not joining in!  So here's my two pennorth
for what it's worth.

My daughter and I have only one fuzzy [at present] he is called Mercury or
Murky for short and he's about 6 months old now.  My daughter has pestered
me for years to get a ferret and I finally gave in as she approached her
18th birthday as I figured she was responsible enough to look after him
herself *LOL* I do seem to get the job of cleaning out his hutch though!
He is the most delightful little boy but I have to say that I've never
heard him 'dook' and really wish I could hear his little voice.  When we
first got him he was young and very quiet, then as he got a bit older he
would play fight with us - he'd open his mouth and leap around flashing
his fangs in a mock ferocious way making a funny 'Ka Ka Ka Ka' sort of
noise, though now he's so familiar with us he doesn't even do that anymore
and he loves lots of cuddles, but he can be so mischievous at time,
typical ferret then I guess.  He's asleep on my daughters bed at the
moment, typical.

We have a cat too and she's getting on a bit [nearly 16 years], I think
she thinks Murky is a bit of a hooligan and hisses at him every now and
then.

Anyway sorry for going on but he is just so cute, he gets called 'baby
bear' a lot of the time.

Thank you all for listening,
Sheila, daughter Cheryl and of course our lovely fuzzy, Murky