From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 20:21:23 EST
Our sincerest thanks to the publishers of the Ferret Tails Mailing List for
their gracious decision to seek a new name for the list.  We had
incoroparated Ferret Tails, Inc some time ago and had applied for a
trademark for the name.  We won't have any products available for some time
but we think that they will be unique and special.  Stay tuned.

We're glad that this potential conflict has been worked out so nicely and
that confusion has been avoided.  Many much thanks to David Doyle for
recognizing the fact that we had a prior claim to the name Ferret Tails.  We
didn't want to rain on his parade by pointing out this fact.  We simply
wanted to avoid the possibilty of misunderstanding and bad feelings.

We are just a bit concerned by the fact that we have received several
letters about this from folks who were not privy to any of our letters on
the subject.  We don't know how you were made aware of the matter, nor does
it really matter to us.  Please know that the issue has been settled.  We
thank you for your support.  Rather than dwelling upon this distraction,
we'd like to move on to the things we do best - celebrating the Joy and
Priveledge of having ferrets in our lives.

The next installment of the Spirit of Christmas will be ready in a few days.
We don't have nearly as much time as we'd like to devote to such things.  We
do the best we can.  Thanks or all the nice letters about the story.  BTW,
just to address a recurrent theme, Paw Paw referred to his Ferret at the
Manger story in a previous post.  Quite a few folks have written and asked
for a copy.  Sorry for any confusion.  The story is appearing on the FML
under the title, "The Spirit of Christmas" just as soon as it is written.

Many much thanks and loves,

Paw Paw, Tater, Odie and Mee Maw.