From:
Karen O'Keefe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:35:25 +0100
I posted here a few weeks ago about my Billy who had Cardiomyopathy and was
vomiting well since then it turned out he also had Insulinoma and was in
advanced stages of it but my vet did not diagnose it quick enough and
thought that the seizures he was having were due to his heart condition.  He
was put on Preds but even at its highest dose that did not work and it got
to the stage where even glucose injections which once brought him around in
a few minutes were now taking a few hours and this was now getting daily he
also still had this vomiting problem.  Last Saturday he went into another
seizure and this time he was convulsing as well and I could not put him
through anymore of this and so I took him to my vet and she put him to
sleep.I held him in my arms and kept telling him how much I love him and
that one day I will join him and we will be healthy and happy forever more
again.  It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life and even
though I knew that day would come it still did not prepare me and god it
has hit me hard and I do not think I will ever get over this.  I worshipped
and idolized my Billy and have had him since he was 6 weeks old and have
had him just over 5 years.  I will never ever be the same again he took
part of me with him but he will always live on in my heart.

Karen,Ben,Glyndwr and James.

I miss and I love you so much Billy and it hurts so much but maybe one
day I will be able to think of you and smile remembering  the happy and
wonderful life we had together but at the moment I just cry.

Karens UK Ferrets.  http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/4459/