From:
Kirstin Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 18:03:50 -0700
I just have to respond to a point that has been brought up a few times and
is in error.  There have been murmurings of MF breeding ferrets that are
genetically identical, which are sold as pets, and may be at higher risk for
diseases, etc.  I have worked in a research lab and know how the animals are
bred, and I can say that genetically identical, or even very similar,
animals would not display color differences in the coat.  They are identical
down to the individual little inconsistancies in color.  MF breeds a variety
of beautiful animals, and they are individuals both in color and
personality.  I cannot respond to the issues of transgretions they may have
commited of other sorts, but I wanted to post the tidbit above of its own
merit.

Kirstin, Moses and lil' Felix the Wonder Woozle