From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 01:45:32 -0600
Dear FML,
Still need help here in the deep freeze (Minnesota).  I am working on
getting the shelter to put together the info needed to get added to the
FML shelter list.  It should make it in the next one.  For now though we
still need to know if anyone will be travelling from Minnesota, or through
Minnesota to St. Louis or Jefferson City Missouri or Nashville.  The
intended destination is a shelter in Arkansas, just across the border
from Missouri.  I will also put a line out to Ferrets Across America.

The shelter desperately needs food, and could really use some sort of
warmer for the sick.  There is one ferret there who could really use a lava
bed, or something that won't short out if it gets wet, but will keep him
warm.  Right now shelter mom heats up towels in the microwave.

Of course adoptive homes and foster homes are still needed too.  By foster
homes we don't mean "test-drive a ferret to see if it works out" homes.
Foster ferrets are typically adrenal, insulonoma, senior, or behavior
challenged types.  They need ferret-knowledgeable homes who can provide the
care necessary for their special needs.  If you can help in any way, please
e-mail me, and I will forward your reply to the shelter.

Thanks, and happy holidays!  Dawn