From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:55:45 -0400
Don't worry about not having some of the more obtuse items.  If you think
a vet or two may wander by know that the AFIP has a marvelous vet page
and give them that address, plus the names of these ferret veterinary
text authors: James Fox, Kathy Quesenberry and Liz Hillyer, Susan Brown
and Karen Purcell.

For the regular folks who need to learn have the BASICS, and tell them how
to get more (by directing them to resources like Modern Ferret and assorted
webpages such as Ferret Central).  If you have too much for them to bite
off they will choke on the mouthful.  Give what they can digest now, plus
info on how they can find more, then let them leave with potential on their
plates.

Be gentler on yourself; no one is judging this as a level 300 independent
research project, and getting too in-depth could backfire badly.  Remember
what Leonard Cohen wrote:

Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.

Sukie

(Okay, I had strange word dreams last night: "I know I have seen laughing
old ladies/holding ropes between their hands and thighs/swinging with
promise." and in a later one which was about a relative with youthful and
heroic misconceptions about battle being 4F in WWII "He wanted to walk off
to war/in shoes too stiff/to smile at Asian faces.".)