From:
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 09:03:41 -0500
The Proponent paperwork for the proposed Usenet ferret newsgroup has been
submitted to the powers that be and we will (hopefully) be getting the Call
For Votes (CFV).  The CFV will be posted in alt.pets.ferrets, rec.pets,
news.groups and news.announce.newgroups .  My understanding is that this is
not a simple majority vote.  We need at least twice as many Yes vote as No
votes and we must have a minimum of 100 Yes votes to pass.  Tell all your
friends and fellow ferret fanciers with whom you share the FML.  I'll send
word via FML when the CFV appears in the afore-mentioned newsgroups.  Thanks
in advance for your help..

--
Roger McMillian - Member: Greater Chicago Ferret Association
http://ferret.chi.il.us/ferret/