Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:00:50 -0700
Hey Ferret Lovers-
The media has been alerted to the Arizona Ferret Frolic.  We are expecting
at least 2 TV stations and 3 Newspapers to show up and cover the event.  We
have come up with some ideas to help make this a fun and educational picnic.

* We will have ferret info packets on a table at the picnic.
  If you have any excellent ferret info please bring it

* Please limit your ferrets.
  Remember that your ferret is your responsibility. Bring all necessary
  equipmen / food / water / toys .

* We spoke with a local Ferret Vet and she informed us that she has not
  seen ANY evidence of an ECE outbreak in AZ, that we should be safe with
  our ferrets in the same park.  We will have disinfectant available to
  wash hands with.  As we are not the only shelter in the area we can not
  be sure that everyone is ECE free.  The vet did say that it should not
  be a problem as there is NO evidence of an epidemic in Phoenix.

* Please avoid bringing ferrets that nip. We do not want the event to turn
  tragic because a ferret owner was not thinking.

* Everyone that can, PLEASE SHOW UP.
  I would hate for there to be more reporters then ferret lovers. This has
  the potential to be a huge event.

If you have questions please e-mail me
Kirstin in Phoenix

Again it is Sat. the 24th in Encanto Park in Phoenix.  (15th Ave and
Encanto)