From:
K Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:58:41 -0400
Hi Sandee--

Can you check on on Romper and Baby for me?

10 days ago my beloved Romper, a small choclate sable boy of yrs who had
lived with me for the last 7 yrs had to be put to sleep after a yr long
battle with insulinoma.

Romper, and his sister Tinker, came to me from Linda Harrah, as 8 wk old
kits.  They had spend their entire lives together, along with a rescue
Phoebe, we adopted when they were 6 mos old.  Romper was a fun loving,
sweet tempered boy.  He and his friends helped me through rounds of illness
and the related unemployment during their lifetimes and I tried to reward
them with bigger cages, better toys and as much love as a ferret deserves.
Romper's former cage mates, Buckshot and Jaspar had gone to the Bridge in
previous years.  I hope they were there to show him the ropes and make him
feel welcome.

Baby left us unexpectedly on Friday night.  The vet, said a ruptered spleen
due to a tumor that went undiagnosed.  A small sable girl, who came to us
from a closed shelter.  Baby was considered a biter, but rehabbed too
nicely for me to ever adopt out.  She was a shy girl, not scared, but
never in the forefront of the younger or more pushy ferrets.  She recently
exhanged the name Baby for Brigid, when Brigid didn't respond quickly
enough to her name.  Baby became so adept at impersonating Brigid, Brigid
quit answering to her own name at all.The shy girl,was always in the front
when she heard Brigid's name.  I hope Lucky was there to greet Baby and
show her the ropes.  He left us only a couple of weeks earlier, after
deciding that he was tired of earth and his 11 yrs and old body.

KG