Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:11:36 -0800
My vet has order some of these implants in for two of our fuzzies, but
I have a question.

I understand that they can last anywhere from 9 to 18 months. How can
you tell when they are wearing off?

The reason I ask is I understand if a ferret goes bald they can regrow
their hair but if they go bald twice then the hair wont regrow.

Our Ariel went mostly bald before we had Adrenal surgery. Here symptoms
were bald belly, then Melatonin implant, bald belly again even with
Melatonin implants, Lupron and hair regrew, then Adrenal surgery, hair
continued to regrow but belly and tail was slow to regrow. Now belly
and sides are going bald tail is blue with hair. She is one of two who
will get the deslorian implant.

I'm worried that a time will come where she will just remain bald, so
I want to catch the deslorian implant early to prevent permanent
baldness.

Thanks

Mike