Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:29:56 EDT
Judy working Hard

I am not involved at all like Judy is with meeting a number of other people
with ferrets.  All of you are like a Godsend to me as there is no one who
understands what love I feel for these little ones except for those of you
on this list.

Thank you for your explaination of hard work Judy.  You are certainly not
the only one I have heard that has used that term.  I thought maybe this
meant keeping the ferrets in the dark for x-number of hours, constantly
regulating heat and humidity in a special ferret room, brushing the ferret
coats 100 times each day and adding special oils to their coat, giving
special vitamins daily, etc.

I AM surprised that you see people entering ferrets or just visiting at
these shows that do not care well for the little ones.  We both know the
horrible lives and deaths of too many ferrets.  But I did not realize
people who should know better were negligent.  How sad you must feel to see
that with all the love in your heart you have for these animals.

Dream House For Ferrets
My dream house is a little different than yours, Sukie:
I dream of a house where my ferrets can run free in every room, and not
worry about breaking anything.  Every room is ferret proofed and every
single bottom drawer is open and meant only for the ferrets.  There are
tubes and boxes and sheets and blankets rearranged each day for the
entertainment of all-including me- scattered everywhere..  A giant cage
is facing me in the bedroom, so I can read as I watch the little ones curl
up to sleep, and give each other baths.

There is a carpeted airplane made just for the ferrets to get on the bed to
say hello, and a large pile of blankets next to the bed for any ferrets to
snuggle up in.

Right outside my door is a field to play in.  All I have to do is walk out
with the ferret and leash.  At night we can all stare like children in
front of the porch door.  I will lie on the floor, and the ferrets will
stand on their legs to stare at the racoons who have their noses pressed
up against the glass: just as curious as we are.

There are no litter boxes to clean, or daily vacuming to do because of
scattered litter.  I do not have layers of dust spread everywhere because
of changing the 17 litter boxes twice a day.  I have stopped sneezing.
There are no accidents to clean up.  There are no holes in my new carpet.
The bottom of the doors look brand new.  I am not concerned with stepping
into anything by the doorway.I don't spend 3 1/2 hours every 3 weeks
cooking up 4 chickens cause the cook will do that.

Got it all but the last paragraph.....achoo!

Lisette