From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 00:17:59 -0700
My setup for a ferret sleep area has *got* to be unique.  I personally use a
mummy-type sleeping bag as my only blanket.  It's extra long, and I keep it
unzipped...but the bottom 1 foot or so *cannot* unzip.  That last foot of
bag dangles over the bottom edge of my bed...so every night, after I get in
bed, both Felix and Mikey crawl into bed, under the blanket, down past my
feet, and over the edge of the bed into their *hammock*.  Which means I
kinda hafta roll the upper edge under my shoulder, 'cause there's about
3.5pounds of (combined) weasel trying to pull my covers off all night.  I
don't even wake up when they crawl in or out during the night, I'm so used
to them...and they *love* it, especially on cold nights, when their rising
body heat warms my feet rather nicely.  I wash it once a week, get our
combined BOs out, works great.  Classic batchelor living, of course...dunno
what I'll do if I ever get a female sleepover.  Sigh.  (shriek!?)

At least they don't see my toes as a nearby midnight snack.

Mikey: Ya, but they smell soooooooo good!
Felix: "I'm a little weasel, long and thin, this is my tail and this is
my chin!"