From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:30:49 -0500
We'd like everyone's tricks for making seasonal sheds go better.  Meltdown
has begun and is too antsy with her's so that's a big risk for her sick
little heart.  (Plus one of the only impairments left from the thrown clot
is that she can't scratch her upper body with that leg anymore.) She's got
MAJOR dander this year -- probably age related unless the other adrenal has
begun acting up, but I really don't want to even think of that unless we get
cause to.  We are humidifying the house, she drinks like crazy as a critter
on Furosemide is wont to do, she gets high quality food plus some of the her
meds are given in oil each day.  I finally rubbed Moisturel down to her
skin.  (We found out the hard way that it is safe when Spot once ate a bunch
of it -- yum!  Plus it is used for human babies, and is a treatment for
eczema so bad that skin cracks, bleeds, and gets infected so it's got lots
of safety testing for our species which can be a good sign for some types of
products.  (Can't use baby oil here since Steve is allergic and it has
Mineral Oil, and that much petroleum jelly would cake her fur making her
uncomfortable and it would give her the runs and pss through meds too fast
as a result.) Any other ideas which we should check for cardiomyopathy
safety?  She just began today.

BTW, Dick Bossart has a furry with cardiomyopathy which began showing strong
improvement when its foods were switched (Can't recall one of the foods
switched to since have not been able to get it here, but the other is
Totally Ferret, Meltdown's favorite food not cooked by me.) Have any others
seen big improvements in ferrets with cardiomyopathy with certain foods?  If
so, which foods?  What is in them?  What are the percentages or amounts or
contents, if given?  This might be useful information.

Sukie