From:
Lauren Lockwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 12:44:17 -0400
I have been told one way to disprove the communities misconceptions about
ferrets is to bring my ferret out often.  Indeed, Missy enjoys outings at
the parks and around the neighborhood and we enjoy having her.

HOWEVER, I find that few people are actually afraid of her, many bend down
to pet her or pick her up.

Problem 1:  With a slew of stranger picking my ferret up, playing with her,
breathing in her face...it sure seems like she's going to get sick a whole
lot more.

Problem 2: Missy sometimes bites, never hard, but jeez, aren't I opening us
up to rotten situation with the rabies deal and all.

I enjoy taking Missy out but I often feel it's better not to allow people to
pet or hold her, especially the children who seem to really love her.

Any suggestions ?

Regarding Marshall Farms: I'm a new ferret owner (MF, by the way) and
looking to get another ferret this fall.  I'm interested in the low down on
th MF deal(or just larger breeders vs. small) but find it kind of hard to
garner a whole lot of fact from what I'm reading in the FML.  Is there a
Marshall Farms FAQ ?

Lauren