From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:36:09 -0400
>From:    Amanda Osenbaugh <[log in to unmask]>
>
>It's a sad day for us, we realize that our 3 fuzzies are not living life
>to the fullest for them.  We moved to Florida last summer and have moved
>into a home with my parents.  We brought our 3 with us, and invested in
>a large cage (3 story with tubes and hanging sleep sacks), because we
>know for a bit that they would not have as much free roam as they were
>used to.  Lo, and behold, we are both working 40+ hours a week, and the
>kids are involved in more activities.  My mom is not a ferret person,
>she will pet them, not hold them, and doesn't really like them loose
>when she is home...

Instead of giving up your kids have you considered buying or making them
a playpen Not as good as free roam, but it provides them with a safe
place to play.

You can make a home playpen for around $50 to $60.  Buy whiere plastic
pegboard You can buy this at any hardware store.  Hold it together with
computer ties Buy at any hobby sotre, computer store, hardware store.
Use the computer ties to hold it together.  Get a pc of linoleum to put
under it to keep the carpet from being damaged.  Add a litter box, water
bottle or dish, food dish, blanket to hide in and lots of toes and tubes.

KG