From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 08:33:51 -0400
Jazmyn wrote:
>...ended up at an auction where the auctioneer claimed, based on what the
>consignor said, that the ferret was tame and gentle.
>
>Bad pets can cost the breeder in future sales.  Sure they are in it for
>the money, but only extremist animal rights groups think that making money
>working with animals is evil.  They don't even want vets, shelters, pet
>food companies, vaccine companies, etc to make a dime, much less breeders
>or brokers.
>
>In every area of the animal industry, there are the good and the bad..and
>everyone in-between.  People just need to learn to deal with it, rather
>then seek out and attack the very industry that supports your right to
>keep ferrets or other pets....

Jazmyn - let me add up a couple things here: you are "in the industry" and
your were buying animals at an auction.  And it sounds like you make your
living doing something along these lines - off of animals.  Great.

And before you lump me in with the extremists let me just point out that
this is not a black and white issue - there is a spectrum.  I do not have a
problem with vet's, pet food makers/distributors, stock animal owners etc.
making a living from animals.  I do however have problems with people
making money off the misery of any and all animals.  In regards to
companion animals, mall or big, breeders who make enough money to live on
who are involved in the breeding, selling and auctioning of companion
animals are almost always involved in this misery one way or another.
Its simply almost impossible to make a living at it otherwise.  If makeing
a living as a breeder or broker is so tough I'd suggest they seek other
employment.

So you are actually mad that someone selling a ferret - unaltered I'll bet -
at an auction LIED to you.  Sorry - not only do I not have any sympathy for
you but I find it comical - ever bought any swamp land?

Mary, Booker and the fuzzbutts too