From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 05:31:11 -0700
I emailed the Zoo yesterday about them being gone, here's their reply-

*Thanks for tuning into our ferret cam. The mother and baby ferret on
the cam chose to leave the next box and hid in a burrow for a while.
They're back on the cam now but are free to leave when they want.
Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to update all the pages
with cams as the animals move out of view.

We encourage fans of our web cams and conservation efforts to support
us by joining Friends of the National Zoo or making a donation. Caring
for and conserving animals costs a lot, as does the operation of our
web cams.
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/JoinFonz/Join/
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Support/MakeDonation/

Even if you don't live near the National Zoo, a FONZ membership will
get you great benefits at more than 100 aquariums and zoos around the
country.*

So they're both ok, and have been the box since mid morning Wed.

Sue